Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edymagno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,830Gear list
Like?
Questions for you hybrid cameramen
Apr 13, 2012

Many photographers affirm getting into video more and more. Since these guys are posting in DPR, it means that they came here because they were interested in photography in the first place, right?

A question for you hybrid cameramen: How many of you were interested or actually doing video before the 5D2?

I bet extremely few. So, why then are you getting into video now? Is it because your pro dslr can shoot it now? Is it because you need more revenues? Do you think you can do a better job than a dedicated videographer?

Don't you care that your entire expensive still photography system brand is getting technologically behind and even more complicated for the sake of video?

Is it not important to you anymore to work with the best equipment to perform your still photography? Isn't it anymore your passion? Or your passion now is video and still is starting to suck?

Don't you care that you'll have to spend more time in front of the computer editing video and less time to pursuit and develop your passion? Remember, photography?

It doesn't bother me that these forums now talk "video". What bothers me is seeing how a photo camera maker turns its entire still photo camera line into video cameras of dubious performance and neglect true advancements for still photo operation, convenience and image quality.

I'm starting to believe, that Canon put the pro-AF video in the 5D line just as a decoy and to make us believe they're thinking "photography". So, they had to produce the fabled 3D in order for us (customers) to let them do their advancements to become hybrid camera manufacturers. If camera manufacturers think this is the way, this is plain wrong. This is grand treason to all the people passionate about still photography.

I've seen better days
Eduardo

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow