Brand new VR10-100 zoom is giving error message with V1 camera.

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hugh Paterson
Regular MemberPosts: 122Gear list
Like?
Brand new VR10-100 zoom is giving error message with V1 camera.
Apr 12, 2012

I received a brand new VR 10-100 zoom for my V1 camera body today , mail order from a major retailer - and what a disappointment! I'm getting an error message saying "Lens error - contact a Nikon-authorized service center" whenever I switch on the camera with the new lens attached. My older 10-30mm and 30-110mm lens are still working fine, so it would appear to be a problem with the 10-100 lens itself. The lens extends as expected when the camera is switched on, and even appears to respond to the motorised zoom switch, but the error message just wont go away, and the shutter wont fire. I've tried removing and reattaching the lens sveral times, have tried cleaning the electrical contacts (which all look shiny and new), and have removed and replaced the battery several times - all to no avail. I' ve also checked that I've got the latest firmware versions installed in the camera.

Anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to send it back - what a pain!

Hugh Paterson's gear list:Hugh Paterson's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX1 Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow