Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mathew crow
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
Amy at the beach- swimsuit pics
Apr 12, 2012

Here's a few pictures I recently took of Amy at the beach. This was the first time I've really been glad that my 7D is weather sealed as it received lots of splashing and spray near the water on the beach. The 17-55 isn't sealed but it did fine as well other than having to constantly clean the water droplets off the lens. For the pics near or in the water I used the 580EXII off camera with an Orbis ringflash attachment triggered with PW TT3s. For the last picture I used the Lumiquest Softbox III.

This was the first time I've done any kind of beach photo shoot and I have to say it was full of challenges. It was ridiculously windy so umbrellas and larger softboxes were out of the question. The Orbis ringflash and the Softbox III are small and light and not as susceptible to the wind. My wife was also there to help steady the lightstand or in some cases BE the lightstand. For the shots in or near the water my lens was constantly getting sprayed with water and I was having to clean it off after every couple of shots. I could have used a longer focal length but a couple were shot at 17mm for the effect I wanted so I had to deal with it. Plus, with the noise of the ocean and waves crashing, it was difficult to direct my model if I got too far away with a longer lens. She would have had a hard time hearing me yell direction at hear. It was fun though and definitely a learning experience. C&C always welcome; thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow