New Canon product line is a mystery to me...

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,923Gear list
Like?
New Canon product line is a mystery to me...
Apr 12, 2012

Till the 5d II and the 1ds III, everything was clear: 21MP then still was a lot, and somehow, albeit no longer in all respects, Canon's top models were high end DSLRs in the market, somehow still state of the art.

4 years later we have what? The 600d (18mp), the 7d (18mp) in a fast body, the delayed 1dx, 18Mp, the only remaining model of the 1 series.

Then, the 5d II, still sold as yesteryears top DSLR, the new 5d III, with almost the same specs except for AF and fps, and apparently virtually the same IQ (for almost double the price), then the EOS300 C, plus 2 more video cameras, 1d-c and the C500....

I guess Canon made a fortune by selling solid to excellent DSLRs to both pros and a huge number of enthusiasts.

Is it just me who have the feeling that they do not know where to head to? They do not have any direction, at least not one that I understand....

Very different to Sony who keep their video and photography lines clearly apart (plus, they build excellent sensors), and different from Nikon who implemented good video functionality but kep their cameras clearly photographers' tools.

Very, very strange, Canon.....

Bernie
--

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow