what market is there for the 1D C?

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
alexruiseco
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
I'll buy some of your gear ;-)
In reply to steve ohlhaber, Apr 12, 2012

Are you selling everything?

Let me know what you have and we may discuss about me getting some of your equipment... If you have some high end L lenses.

Cheers!

steve ohlhaber wrote:

Canon appears to not care about an affordable landscape camera at all. That is exactly what the 5d2 was. It just happened to do video as well. Canon looks totally committed to lower res cameras of all kinds and video. They even pushed out a camera for astrophotography, but somehow did not release anything in the high megapixel FF vein. Oh well, they can do whatever they want, but I have to bail. Never thought I would. I shoot everything at base iso, manual focus and its landscapes. The 5d2 was the camera to have for this, now the clear winner is the d800 for that niche market. d800e in my case. The dynamic range is my issue with the 5d2 and that has not improved with the 5d3 regardless of what people say, the raws I have seen do not indicate any improvement in that area, where the nikon does and also kicks in so many more pixels AND is cheaper. X canon fanboy here. They changed my mind.

-- hide signature --

It's good to be big, but it's bigger to be good.

alexruiseco's gear list:alexruiseco's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow