Interchangeable lenses! No..wait..this might be bad.

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrFlash
Contributing MemberPosts: 621Gear list
Like?
Interchangeable lenses! No..wait..this might be bad.
Apr 12, 2012

When I first bought my x100 I was afraid that having only one fixed lens would be, well, limiting. As I shot and fell in love with the x100 I came to understand that the fixed lens was not so much limiting as inspirational. The x100 REQUIRED me to engage my brain in the photographic process in ways that I had not done in years.

My 5DII set to 'program' combined with a zoom lens could, sometimes, reduce me to little more than a guy using a very high quality P&S. I could get mentally lazy.

The x100 made me think. And as a result, I was taking better photos than I had in years - maybe ever.

Now I've got my xPro1. Love it. BUT.... I'm walking around thinking: this lens?, maybe that lens?, no definitely the other lens. I'm still thinking about the process, but maybe I'm thinking more about the equipment than I am about the composition? I'm afraid that my photos are going to suffer. Time will tell.

The next time I go out picture taking, I am considering mounting one lens or the other on the xPro and leaving the others in the car. Less time fiddling...more time thinking.
--
MrFlash

MrFlash's gear list:MrFlash's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow