Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
stern
Senior MemberPosts: 1,638
Like?
Re: I got my Q today.
In reply to brandrx, Apr 12, 2012

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

I got my Q today. Damn that thing is small but a lot heavier than I expected. Battery is now charging.

Now, for the very first time ever, I will have to read the manual to figure out how to use it.

My reason for buying it is to use it with some long lenses for shooting at the birds. In the manner of snostorm (Scott).

Has anyone used the Pentax 5-15mm f/2.8-4.5 Zoom Lens for the Q? Is it worth a buy?

I have it and use it for the wide shots (the 01 prime is a bit narrow) and bought it as part of the double lens kit (was cheaper than buying it extra). The Q BW-high contrast samples on my Zenfolio site were all taken with the zoom (in a place called Penco in Chile). Also the pictures a bit further down in this forum (Easter exhibition in St. Jakob/Austria) were taken with the zoom.

Nevertheless I am eagerly awaiting Pentax to come up with a wide prime (I heard something about autumn 2012).

Thanks.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
So?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow