Sigma 30mm Unboxing and size comparison pix to 18-55mm kit zoom lens and 50mm f18

Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Uncivilizedamd
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: Sigma 30mm Unboxing and size comparison pix to 18-55mm kit zoom lens and 50mm f18
In reply to SparkleHedgehog, Apr 12, 2012

SparkleHedgehog wrote:

The zeiss does come with a case.

Do you prefer the 50mm or the 30mm?

The zeiss comes in a flimsy drawstring pouch.

I haven't played much with the 30mm yet to make a conclusive decision on what I prefer more but they are both producing excellent pictures far exceeding the kit lens. I will be using both lens as the focal lengths and max apertures of both lens are different so the lens used will depend on the type of picture needed such as a shallow depth of field shot, portrait shot, street scene, low light shot, or a group/family picture etc.

I believe I will be using the 30mm more though. The 30mm is just more convenient to carry. Size is a big difference in favor of the 30mm. It's also easier to frame a people picture with the 30mm so I can hand off my camera to someone and it will be easy for them to take a decent shot of me. It'll be harder with the 50mm due to the limited fov.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow