ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mozzberry
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Nightclub Photography
Apr 12, 2012

Howdy folks,

I just picked up a job taking photos for one of the more popular nightclubs in my area. It is my first paying photography gig so I am a little excited (not least at the prospect of being able to use my equipment as a tax deduction!). I would like a bit of advice though if anybody is able to help.

I am using a 5DII and am pretty sold on the idea of shooting with my 17-40mm f/4. The research I have done suggests this is one of the best lenses for this type of photography, as it has great flexibility in focal length. I will no doubt need to pick up a flash though, which I currently don't have and have never used before. Would the 430EX II be a good choice? I imagine I will also pick up a cheap flash diffuser to start with as well to avoid washed out shots.

Also, does anybody have any advise or opinions on using filters or lens hoods? Is it something I should use or not in that environment?

Thanks for any help you can give, and sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this in. I thought about posting over in the 5D forum but figured my post would get lost in between the pages of 5D2/3 vs D800 rants.

Cheers!

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow