Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john enea
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
Weird, a photo saved by HDR
Apr 12, 2012

I took this photo, or bracket of photos, last year in Napa. and it sat in a folder for a while, until i decided that I would make a few prints for the first time using canvas. So I took the pict and opened the NEF in ACR and went top work. but no matter how hard I tried (I am only a simpleton when it comes to photoshop) I could not get an acceptable result. I couldn't get the vine bark to show enough detail without blowing out the highlights in the leaves and grapes. So I thought, this would be a perfect time to try my first HDR photo. I put the 5 exposures into SNS and went at it, kinda. I let it do its thing and looked at the results under the natural preset. WOW, exactly what I was looking for. So printed off a test print on a letter sized matter paper and thought, could it really be this easy? At that point, I paid for the home version to get rid of the water mark and loaded up some BC Lyve.

I kept my fingers crossed as this was my:
1) first real HDR print
2) My first real canvas print

I was not disappointed. Everyone I showed the end print to thought it was great. And I also thought it was real good, which is rare for me. It does not even look like an HDR print to me, but HDR was the only way it seemed that I could get the results that I was looking for. And the weird thing is that I was happy by just using one of the presets. No fiddling around with sliders and the such.

Some of you may think the picture is not great, or maybe to much HDR, but looking at the end print result, it matches, to the best of my memory, the actual scene and came out just as I wanted it too, and for me that does not happen often!

All in all I feel good about my first non-over done HDR canvas print!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow