Example of how the SD1M has more image detail than the Nikon D800

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Visualiza
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
Here's my opinion on the matter...
In reply to Gary Dean Mercer Clark, Apr 12, 2012

The resolution and image fidelity simply cannot be denied; this camera produces images that are unequivocally superior to its competitors(and some a level above) from this standpoint. While I don't think the color is particularly pleasing, it's all too easy to tweak color to your liking this days anyway so that's a wash. I think the only real issues with the camera are in functionality and how robust the body is. Sigma has stepped their game up in the lens department in the last year or so, producing lenses with weather sealing, improved IS and AF, and IQ to match the likes of Canon and Nikon blow for blow, albeit at a more attractive price point. If they want to expand their camera business; however, they need to stop skimping on the bodies and deliver performance equal to that of their sensors and lenses.

If there is ever a full frame Foveon camera, and assuming that the technology continues to mature, then it will most certainly be a game changer. I'm a dedicated Nikon shooter myself, but I have a lot of respect for what this camera can do. It's aggravating to see so many photographers who sport other brands failing to acknowledge the strengths of the SD1, but that's par for the course I suppose. Whatever the case I'm pretty excited to see what Sigma and Foveon have got on the horizon, especially in regard to lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow