Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cinefeel
Contributing MemberPosts: 860
Like?
Studio Comparison: SD1 vs 645D
Apr 11, 2012

I upscaled my 'finer detail' version of the DPR studio scene by 150% with spline, to get a 45MP equivalent image:

If you compare this to the 645D on the DPR widget, I would say it's a pretty impressive performance.

You have to bear in mind also that the 645D is 'cheating' quite a bit because for some reason they shot a much tighter crop of their studio scene. Would like to get a more fair comparison.

Also consider that the SD1 could have used a better lens/aperture combination + better exposure, not to mention a fair framing against the closer 645D shot.

To me, it looks like the 645D is better only slightly- and will only fully show this at print sizes of around A0 or larger.

Furthermore, I actually like the SD1 more in certain areas. Especially detail in reds good for skin tones (e.g. neck skin detail on the woman's face section), and the lack of color moire (which the SD1 shows on the eye of the roman statue illustration.

I think this is very impressive from Sigma.

Pentax 645D Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow