Started Apr 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sarf622
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon EOS - 1D iv vs. 5d III
Apr 12, 2012

Just shot a 2 day wedding this past weekend with both of these babies rented. Currently have 5D II and wanted to be sure between 1DmIV and 5DmIII before I upgraded. Tried using both cameras in real life scenario before deciding on one. I haven't done detailed analysis on the pics yet but from watching the view finder through the weekend I felt like there were a lot more keepers.

Overall, 5DmIII seemed like an amazing machine. 1DmIV had it's own set of advantages when it came to zooming from the back of the hall and burst but 5D's 6 FPS still seemed like plenty for my purposes. Towards the end of the night on day 2 though I did feel the 1D's weight affecting my mobility (along with 70-200 f2.8 II lens and 24-105mm on 5D).

For AF alone I felt 5DmIII was ahead plus it has other things working for it that helped me decide on it such as, backup drive, light weight, and full frame (helped on grouped shots). Picking up mine tonight!!

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow