Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Smoking Camera
Senior MemberPosts: 1,510Gear list
Like?
X-Pro 1 Dual Body Strategy
Apr 11, 2012

As a long time x100 user and someone intrigued by the X-Pro 1, I pose a question about whether Fuji could have done the following. Could Fuji have created dual bodies for their X-Pro 1 system - one targeted at the general mainstream, the other at the Leica M9 crowd.

The first body would be a $999 mainstream model with a 12 to 16 MP sensor similar to the x100. The second would be a $1999 pro model with a 16 to 20 MP sensor and include more features such as weather proofing and improved manual focusing. Of course, I have no idea if this is even possible and my prices and features are pure conjecture.

Of course, this requires Fuji producing a superb lens lineup as the foundation. Certainly Fuji is capable of this (Hasselblad anyone) and the 35/1.4 seems highly regarded in early reports. Unfortunately, Fuji did not include leaf shutters on their new lens lineup. This would have been great for high speed flash photography. Oh well.

My humble impression is the X-Pro 1 seems a bit of a compromise at $1699. To some extent it competes against Sony, Olympus and the x100 on the lower end and to a lesser degree, Leica and pro DSLRs on the upper end. Curious what Fuji could have done at a higher price point in my hypothetical dual body strategy.

Anyway, just a thought.
--
Joe
http://www.thesmokingcamera.com

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow