Two features keeping me from getting the NEX

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,205Gear list
Like?
Re: Two features keeping me from getting the NEX
In reply to pureaxis, Apr 11, 2012

pureaxis wrote:

A-mount user here. I been eyeing the NEX-7 for quite a while and even considered dumping some of my Alpha gear for it, but after playing with it at the Sony store I just feel that the AF system on the NEX is too slow compared to the PDAF on the Alphas. Also the lack of In-body stabilization is not something I can live without which is a lifesaver in many situations. If these two features are implemented I would jump ship without hesitation.

As much as I like my NEX 7, I'll admit it isn't for everyone. Now you can get the fast AF by adding the LA-EA2 (which I'm sure you know). Getting IBIS won't be possible however, (I'm sure you know that too). Although IBIS would be nice to have, I do like the OSS in my 18-200 and in the 50/1.8 which I've been playing with at my store. When I've used the 24mm Zeiss, I haven't found the lack of stabilization to be an issue - although I understand this may not be the case for everyone. In the end it was the smaller size, excellent IQ, and mostly the Tri-Navi controls that pulled me away from the A77/65 - which I had intended to get back in October.

Just because I went with it doesn't mean you have to, and if you want the A-mount Sony's right now for the two reasons you mentioned, then that's great. I like them too and would have bought one if the NEX 7 hadn't come out.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow