Should Olympus share the OMD sensor with Panasonic?

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,465Gear list
Like?
Re: What's wrong then .... ??
In reply to Franka T.L., Apr 11, 2012

Franka T.L. wrote:

I read the preview too, but there is no info or data regarding how the sensor image there. So what's wrong with it ... Besides, Panasonic had a 16MP in the GX-1, and another different 16MP inside the GH2 , do know even Olympus claim this is a LiveMOS sensor ( which mean this is Panasonic's )

True it is

There is no such thing as Olympus sharing the sensor with Panasonic at all.

I am not sure how you get the idea there's something wrong with the sensor inside the GF5, There is no real data / info saying that its bad , in fact with all the published data, its lookming every bit just as good or even slightly better than that of the 16MP. Which supposingly they share the basic FAB. With fewer MP, I would expect actually better quality data in fact. I see nothing wrong there ( for now ) with that sensor. And as the old Olympus saying goes, 12MP is enough ( for most anyway )

-- hide signature --

• Franka -

I agree, and I have seen comparisons from the GF3 and GF5 and the new 12 megapixel sensor is much better, we are going to see Olympus using this sensor

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow