I want full frame - Not 5D MKIII

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?
Re: I want full frame - Not 5D MKIII
In reply to marike6, Apr 11, 2012

I still don't understand why anyone thinks my opinion is offensive. I prefer the feel of 1 series Canon's. If you don't ok. Why argue. There is no right or wrong. Just opinion.

By the way my galleries here were all test to show one thing or another. Crap subjects just what was available to test a camera.

I didn't write it off for anyone but me. I want a 1dx. I wish I wanted a 5d but I don't.

marike6 wrote:

bigpigbig wrote:

This is such a classic DP Review thread.

"Cheap" "Plasticy" "Toy" feeling TO ME! TO ME! TO ME!

OK.

This is a public forum. I am not going up to someone personally who has just bought a 5D MKIII and telling them that they are a fool for buying a cheap, plasticy toy.

I have a right to my opinion.

I WANTED to buy it. I WANTED to love it.

After 10 minutes shooting with it, these were MY thoughts. So I didn't buy it.

If my opinion offends anyone, they need to get a life. Really. Someones opinion should not offend someone else.

If someone told me they thought the X-Pro1 felt cheap and plasticy and was a toy after I bought it, I would disagree, but not feel offended. Or consider it an "attack" on my decision to buy it. I love it! Someone else does not. Welcome to the world.

No offense, when but a photographer makes a claim that only 1D series Canon bodies are good enough for them, you'd expect to see images of an extremely high level. Judging by your gallery images, I think you'd want whatever camera produces the best IMAGE QUALITY, not the one with the most metal on it.

I used the 5D Mk II for about a year, and it feels substantial, robust and solid with an excellent grip.

One can always make the case that the top-of-the-line body has a more tank-link build quality, but I think it's frankly silly to write-off the 5D II or III as PLASTIC when it clearly isn't. Unless you're going on Safari, or constantly shooting in bad weather, it might be wise to use whatever body help create the best images, and not the one that is better for status, or for driving in nails.

Professionals all over the world use 5D series bodies to create absolutely gorgeous images. I have a hard time picturing these photographers turning up their nose at the 5D III, especially after they see the files it produces.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
So?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow