First disappointment with the X-Pro1

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
eastvillager
Contributing MemberPosts: 844Gear list
Like?
Re: First disappointment with the X-Pro1
In reply to bigpigbig, Apr 11, 2012

No I havent read your posts and really have no interest in them. I don't particularly follow people who use language like "laughable" to describe a suggested camera. I follow people like Ray Sachs and Lisa O who have something to say and say it with some thought behind it and are courteous and have something to add to the dialogue. I agree a Olympus E-PL1 has a terrible IQ. So I agree. Never owned one and wouldn't use it if I was given one for free. What's your point? Have you owned or used a S95 or an S100? If not I'm not quite sure how you'd find my suggestion so "laughable". The quality of the images are stunning on A3 size paper.

eastvillager wrote:

If I was climbing a mountain frankly I would find the Pro too large. If you're looking for light and small I would get a Canon S100. I had an S95 and I found it a terrific camera.

If you'd have read my posts, you'd have seen that I had an Olympus E-PL1 and found the IQ disappointing. Comparing the S95 / S100 to the X-Pro1 at any ISO is laughable. We are talking about a camera that matches the 5D MKII for IQ and detail. Even the Canon G1X is far behind. I want beautiful A3 prints.

When I climb, I either have a jacket with pockets that would happily take the X-Pro1 or a small backpack (summer). It is not so much the size as it is the weight of a Canikon DSLR that keeps me from carrying it.

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow