Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr Lumière
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
a few question regarding D4 and D800 IQ and features
Apr 11, 2012

Good day to you all, I have a few question regarding what is referred to as "pro" when speaking of high end full frame dslrs. First off I am NOT a pro hence the questions. However I am very interested in photography, being a geek by profession, formation and passion I care more about the technical side of photography but I like to think I can express myself with it and that to some extent I succeed.

That said, this year is pretty interesting as far as gear goes. Nikon just released two pretty sweet cameras the D4 and the D800 and the mirrorless world just saw the introduction of the O-MD E-M5 and the Fuji X-Pro1.

I was browsing the sample pictures of all those cameras when it occured to me that the X-Pro1 IQ was, in my opinion, above the rest, mainly because of ISO performance and metering accuracy. Now I know there are many reason why would someone pay a premium for a camera like the D4 but IQ, although very high, seems to be challenged by much cheaper camera and I started thinking; what are the features/reason why would a pro buy a D4 over an X-Pro1? I came up with:

-Weather sealed
-Fast, accurate auto-focus
-huge buffer
-a good amount of user preset storable
-solid built that can take a bump

What would be the other ones? What are the features most mortal do not take into account that pros actually really need?

Thanks much for your inputs!

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow