Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dfstarman
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
Fuji HS 30 EXR vs Nikon 510 VS Canon Sx40
Apr 11, 2012

Well I bought a Nikon 510 to try it and returned it then I got the Canon SX40 and tried it and returned it then I got this camera and love it. Many more features than the other 2, better build quality and better range of specifications IE maximum shot length etc.

The only real complaint I have is it does not have live view.

I have 2 other cameras a Sony A65 SLT and a Canon S100 both have live view so you can tell if they are under or over exposed not just from the exposure meter. Also the exposure meter is a bit touchy and changes from when it is metering a scene and then you press the shutter half way and the exp meter jumps to a different position than it was just metering. I am getting used to that.

The user manual is quite detailed
It is a very good little super zoom if you know what you are doing.
It is definitely an enthusiasts camera not for the point and shoot person.
I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

I bought it for the long zoom for wildlife better than spending $1000 for a 500mm lens for my Sony and much lighter. Image quality is quite good. I had shots on the SD card from the other 2 cameras and compared them. Although I did not compare low light shots but that is not why I bought the camera.

dfstarman's gear list:dfstarman's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony SLT-A77 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus E-M1 +26 more
Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow