OM-D vs. E-xxx = frustration

Started Apr 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Biggreydog
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
"Olympus expects PEN cameras to replace entry DSLRs"
In reply to sderdiarian, Apr 11, 2012

Completely agree with your post, but I've ordered an OMD because that's all there's going to be. It'll be a fine camera, and allow me to sell my viewfinder-less E-PL2 and probably the E-P2 as well.

That said, I also have an E-420 and an E-620, and love them both, despite their somewhat dated sensor performance. Love the bright, sharp optical viewfinders, but most of all their size and ergonomics. They are unique in the world of DSLRs in that they are NOT huge and clunky. In fact, if you check the camerasize website, you'll find that they are very close to the size of the Leica M cameras. Not pocketable, but exactly as big as they need to be for secure handling, and big enough that folks with largish fingers aren't always mashing down the wrong button at the wrong time.

Sadly, as far as I know, Olympus HAS announced that the 4/3 dslr is dead, except for the weirdly large and clunky E-5. See this:

"Olympus expects PEN cameras to replace entry DSLRs"

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/10/12/olympus.may.use.micro.four.thirds.for.entry.dslrs/

(sorry. Couldn't get that to come up as a real link.)

This interview was given in October of 2010, and got zero coverage. Don't know why.

Biggreydog's gear list:Biggreydog's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Jim.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow