Sony NEX-7 vs Olympus OM-D E-M5 Thoughts?

Started Feb 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,629Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-7 vs Olympus OM-D E-M5 Thoughts?
In reply to Project Revolife, Apr 10, 2012

I don't particularly dislike ANY brand of camera. I think they are pretty much ALL capable for the most part. They all have their own idiosyncrasies as I've owned nearly ALL of them brand wise at this point. I embraced Mft for a few years and ended up divesting my entire collection of wonderful lenses and bodies. I had the opportunity to try a 5n and was hooked. It was NOT as large as others stated and it fit easily into my hand with next to no weight compared to the DSLR stuff I'd been used to. The one really annoying thing (and I'm sure some will love to argue this) about the mft stuff in GENERAL is the mid tones tend to get plugged along with the shadows. It was so darned annoying I just gave up on it as I was spoiled by DSLR output. The 5n gives me that output without the issues. It may not be blinding fast to focus, but I'm almost always shooting static subjects so no biggie for me. The colors are rich and I have no worries about blown highlights (another unique characteristic of the Mft cameras in general). IT's just my preference I guess. I admire the advances Mft is making, but thus far I am NOT seeing them having overcome those 2 bug bears for me. Others may not have that issue....I do.....

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow