ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DocS
Regular MemberPosts: 255
Like?
I think BH Photo sold me a used 5D3
Apr 10, 2012

A few minor suspicious things:

First, although it seems to be f-ing impossible to get the shutter count for the 5D3, I suspect there have been more shutter clicks than the ones I've made.

The last image taken on my D800 and stored on the memory card ended with 329. That image was never deleted. The first image from my 5D3 I stored on that memory card ended with 358. It should have ended with 330, it I'm not mistaken. I did click the shutter about 30+ times prior to inserting the memory card, but these images aren't supposed to be assigned a number by the camera.

2. The lens wasn't packed correctly. While the plastic bags didn't look wrinkled more than normal, the packing wasn't right. The styrofoam lens holder that also holds the felt lens bag was turned the wrong way. The lens was packed such that one of its ends was pressed up against the leather base of the lens bag, rather than being inserted into the hole in the styrofoam.

3. They had the camera in stock. I purchased it on 4/1, my card was charged on 4/2, and it went out on 4/3.

Admittedly, nothing else looked out of order, or used, but it's hard to tell anyway.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow