Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kevinschaich
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Unacceptable video quality with Canon EOS 60D
Apr 10, 2012

Hey guys, I've been using my 60D for about 4 months now and I absolutely LOVE it. The pictures are phenomenal and I love the design. But ever since I've been trying to shoot some decent quality video, my results are not representative of the rest of the camera's abilities. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But the quality of my video is terrible. Edges aren't crisp, even at wide apertures. Detailed spots like the leaves of a tree all blend together, especially when I try shooting at small apertures like f/22 to try to maintain focus on the entire frame. Take a look, these shots were done at 720p, 60fps with shutter speed 1/125 and ISO locked at 125. The only thing I varied was the aperture based on the available light, but it was usually somewhere between f/5.6 and f/14. All of the video is completely untouched, no color correction or levels adjustment or anything. Just raw footage pieced together.

http://vimeo.com/40115023

Maybe it's not my settings, maybe it's my camera or lens or something. Or maybe I'm expecting too much out of a camera made for photography. I'd just like some piece of mind and suggestions. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow