Tamron 18-200mm lens (B011B), is it fixed?

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 18-200mm lens (B011B), is it fixed?
In reply to JohnNewman, Apr 10, 2012

why not just try it urself instead of listening to someone else? I have yet to have heard of a tamron 18-200 that works yet in sweep panorama. you also have to crop in to see if it's actually blurry (left is sharp but becomes blurry after it).

the ones that have been fix don't utilize Tamron's VC either. it'll work like a non-stabilized (i.e. 16mm pancake) or legacy lenses where they just cap the shutter speed at 1/500, unlike the kit lens or sony 18-200
I own one as well.

JohnNewman wrote:

I picked one up last week and, before doing so, asked my dealer to check with the Tamron rep what the situation was. The reply was "All the lenses are the latest batch so the problem should not be present. He says we'll just need to try it to be 100% sure."

Having said that, I've not yet tried the Sweep Panorama function on my Nex 7 so can't comment yet. It's not a function I'll use much (if at all) and I've got the 18-55 if I do decide to have a go.

But the moot point is that the rep says it should be fixed. This is in the UK by the way. Whether a lens purchased from Amazon will be the latest version is another point to check.

Regards

John

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow