Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 15,114Gear list
Like?
LVF-2 v. G3 built-in EVF
Apr 10, 2012

I can't remember or see any other posts specifically dealing with this and would be glad if anyone can explain this to me please. I think I must ask only for actual users experiences..or at least anyone who HAS tried or made real comparisons.. as it is no use just making an opinion on sort of 'paper specs'..

Quite simply.. I have a GX1 , but find that for modest enough cost I can get a G3 and have the benefit of what is then of course the built-in EVF - at what for me right now is hardly any difference in price.

The seperate LVF-2 in UK is quite highly priced at 200UKP - which I'm sure is massive by US standards .. as things here usually are.. and it does not give that added advantage of always there as built-in.. and with a G3 as I can get at hardly any more cost.
IS the LVF-2.. mainly .. as good as the inbuilt G3 EVF for actual usage ?

Any users experiences on this .. very welcome .. and I have to say.. hoped for fairly promptly beore the deals available go by...
Many thanks...

As some kind of afterthought - in view of the fact that the G3 WITH the inbuilt EVF (and of course articulated screen), can be bought for almost liteally the price of the GX1 without those features.. is this an indication that the GX1 is indeed a better overal camera anyway , and you then make your own decision in regard to buying a seperate LVF-2 .. albeit then pushing up the overall cost ??

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow