ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
helps
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
lenses to start
Apr 10, 2012

Hi,

I'm probably going to purchase one of Sony's SLT cameras in few months - thinking about a57 - and was wondering what lenses would you recommend?

I'm looking for something to start with - is kit lens worth it at all? or should i choose different one? i'd also like to get some lense with fixed focal length - thinking 85mm would be good choice. And because I also like dog sports, I'm looking for decent zoom for reasonable price - it shouldn't be anything expensive, just something to get started. I know if I want good results I need to invest into good lenses, but I think I'm not that demanding since I'm used to get pictures from P&S cameras which really are not 'that sharp' and so....
so to sum it up:

1) lenses - one lens in basic range (around 18-70), fixed focal length (probably 85mm ?), telezoom (I think I would be good enough with 200 mm for my purposes)
2) i'd prefer decent lenses for reasonable price

3) lenses should be also reasonably fast (at least telezoom one) as it's going to be used for dog sports mostly

thanks everyone

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow