Sigma AF 18-125mm f/3.5-5.6 DC is a good lens!

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
KentG
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,613
Like?
Re: Wintery sea rescue training (with Sigma 18-125)
In reply to Ari Aikomus, Apr 10, 2012

I have one in EOS mount myself. I found one for sale on Astromart for about $125 a couple of years ago and bought it to go with the Sigma 100-300/4 I already had that was the only reason at the time I had a Canon body. I did not use it much as most of my shooting was with my Pentax gear and I already had a Tamron 24-135 which I liked in PK. But when I sold my 40D to upgrade to a 60D I started filling out the system more and that was when I found out the lens was pretty good especially for the cost. It was better than an 18-55 Canon kit lens I bought then sold. So I used those 2 lenses as a mismatch sized pair. However as decent as the Sigma is with Canon I would be better off with either the 24-105/4 USM L IS or the

EF-S 15-85/3.5-5.6 USM IS. In Pentax I think the Sigma is better in IQ than the Tamron 24-135, but the Tamron has much less distortion and way less vignetting, seeing how it is a FF lens. But I am not a big fan of the Pentax 18-135 either as the performance is somewhat spotty. I think I would just try to find a copy of the DA 17-70/4 and use that.
Kent Gittings

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow