Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Justin Sonfield
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
Xpro1 for a few days.. Thoughts
Apr 10, 2012

Ok. lets get the less good out first.. It does not have as luxe of a feel as the x100. I don't think it is as sexy. It is lighter than it looks and feels more fragile than the x100. I have a dead pixel that when I hit the "zoom in to focus point" is right there in the center. Totally annoying although easily remedied. I will probably seek an exchange for that reason. The lenses also feel fragile. The camera does NOT feel like a $2300 kit. The lens chatter blows..
That is the bad...

The good... What we are here for... Image... Wow. The 35/1.4 is tack sharp and my wide open results are also insanely good. The 18mm is just as good.. Forget what you have read. Colors, amazing... Focus, better than x100, still not as fast as my canon 5d mk3, but I think it actually focuses sharper and more often than the canon does.. Go figure..

Have not taken any interesting pics yet, but see below for some examples of the color and sharpness.. Enjoy! Feel free to ask any other questions you want!
In the end, a PHOTOGRAPHERS keeper for sure.

Justin Sonfield's gear list:Justin Sonfield's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow