Sold my LX-5 now i am confused what to get

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
bab4
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
Re: Sold my LX-5 now i am confused what to get
In reply to emblema, Apr 9, 2012

If you're getting the E-M5 I say go all the way and get the 12-50 kit lens too instead of the 14-42. 12-50 will give you more zoom range, is faster focusing, and weather sealed. No sense getting a weather sealed camera if your lens isn't weather sealed as well. Also the 12mm on micro 4/3rds will give you the same 24mm equiv as your LX5 at the wide angle. Of course being a kit lens the optics might not be as good as the LX5 and it's not as big an aperture but you have far superior high iso to make up for smaller aperture on the Oly.

emblema wrote:

After a lot of reading and user advices I discarded either the gh2, the g3 i was interested in the nex5n too, but flash is a must and also an OVF adding both to the nex5n the price will increase a lot and lenses are very expensive, now I am totally interested in the OMD EM 5. Expensive ? Yes it is but instead offers me a all weather magnesium body, an external flash, OLED screen and in body image stabilization, plus Panasonic and Olympus lenses are full compatible and you hace more lenses variety to choose from. I'll start with the 14-42 lens, all for 1099 usd, and then make my lens upgrades.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow