5DII to M9 In need of urgent help with lenses

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
zigorus
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?
"do what i say, not what i do" department
In reply to Pierre from Sweden, Apr 9, 2012

i've shot with leica M film cameras for years (alongside SLRs and lately electronic TTL cameras) and found that it's unusual i need more than two or three lenses. of course, i have ten because i'm just as foolish as many others.

with the M9, since i bought this body, i've taken just a couple of photos with a 21, a couple dozen with a 28, a whole bunch with a 35 and 40, and a growing whole bunch with a 50. i've made three with a 135 and ten with a 90. wider than 21 (i've tried both 16 and 18 mm in the past) i never use.

best to be simple. pick a lens or two and work with them a while. seems you've decided to go with a 90 for sure. go for it then, add a 35 or a 50.

really doesn't matter too much which, they're all good lenses. once you get comfortable with them, add another lens. swap for a different one if you think you might like it better too. the less equipment you have, the more you can forget about choosing what to use ... you can think more about what to photograph.

z

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow