Started Apr 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tony Beach
Senior MemberPosts: 4,921
Like?
Re: But then it needs to be more than a 24MP D300s
In reply to Antony John, Apr 9, 2012

Antony John wrote:

seahawk wrote:

Considering the quality of the 24MPSonysensor, I think a D400 must be different to have a niche in the Nikon line-up. If there is a semi-pro DX camera, then it should have imho:

Low-Light capabilities clearly better then the D7000
extremely fast AF
fast FPS

I personally think something at 16-18MP with a special sensor, aimed at sports shooters, wildlife (and plane spotters)

+1 Totally Agree

If they can deliver 16 to 18 Mp with high ISO performance like the D700 (D3S even better) then not much more one could ask for (if one doesn't actually need FX).

Everyone looks at the Sony sensors for 'the next Nikon camera' but I would think they would want to keep other sensor manufacturers (Renesas Sp?) in business to.
Silly to put all one's eggs in one Sony basket.

You see, this is just the sort of request that undermines Nikon's incentive to make the "D400" a DX camera. Unrealistic expectations, and sometimes even demands by users. This was what Thom Hogan was talking about when he said "...APS/DX has to offer something compelling for existing users to ditch their current, perfectly fine camera, and move up. That's getting more difficult, as there's nothing really wrong with the existing APS/DX bodies." I'm afraid a lot of D300, D300s, and D7000 users are going to look at "D400" and conclude that what it offers compared to what they already have isn't worth $2000 (or even $1500).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow