Eastman Kodak offers lures to significant staff members

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
synp
Contributing MemberPosts: 611
Like?
Re: An analogy of the buggy whip manufactures...
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Apr 9, 2012

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

Doug Gabler wrote:

Well I got my check for $14 to close out my Kodak Stock Ownership Plan today. Mind you I only had about $1000 in it at max it sort of brings home the reality of my retirement investments. I remember one of those classes they sent me to where they talked about shifting our paradigms. An analogy of the buggy whip manufactures were no longer in business due to the lack of buggies was used.

That analogy always keeps coming up. I think business professors know it's wrong, and deliberately use it as a joke, to see if anyone catches on.

No, it's just because "marketing myopia" is required reading in almost every business school. That one used the buggy whip as an example of marketing myopia in the past, and used a modern example (for 1960) to demonstrate his lack of marketing myopia.

The modern example was that oil was yesterday's technology, soon to be replaced by fuel cells. 52 years later, we're still waiting for fuel-cell powered cars.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow