Pentax will price themselves out of the market

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
snake_b
Senior MemberPosts: 4,680
Like?
Re: Pentax will price themselves out of the market
In reply to awaldram, Apr 9, 2012

Why would you believe a Canon is in my future when I've expressed zero interest in Canon (the opposite, actually)?

awaldram wrote:

il_alexk wrote:

snake_b wrote:

Why not?

I'll rephrase. Sorry for not being clear:

"However, I don't see how your very original advice to switch to Canon/Nikon or to used gear helps you or other loyal Pentaxians."

It a camera your assumption that anyone shooting Pentax gives on jot for pentax is I suspect mistaken.

Any manufacturer who can service my photographic needs gets my cash.

Some might have been on the fence about Fullframe and now Pentax is pricing lenses well into Fullframe territory and beyond, so when one looks at the prices of the combination of body and lenses, it could be very possible that getting a 5DII, for instance, which are plentiful, is the best way to go.

2nd hand maybe.

What I really want is a reasonably priced K-5 like camera with a consistent low-light AF and a proper bouncing flash metering. However, all minor/major Pentax flaws of my Pentax gear (K10D to K5) has already pushed me into considering a used 5DII. I guess I'll have to make the decision within the next year.

It should be an easy choice when Pentax keeps raising the prices :).

Yep sounds like a canon is in your future.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow