OM-D vs. E-xxx = frustration

Started Apr 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Yin Yang
Contributing MemberPosts: 920
Like?
Re: OM-D vs. E-xxx = frustration
In reply to sderdiarian, Apr 9, 2012

To clarify things from the start, I'm an E510 owner and user. I'm in the position where I'm waiting for the reviews and take the beast in my hand before switching to m4/3.

But my need is for an upgrade path to my DSLR's at an affordable price point. Such an upgrade should offer the convenience of a fully articulated LCD, an OVF that shows me what I'm actually seeing, a built-in flash, an IBIS system that performs well, PDAF that allows for shooting fast action/BIF and the ability to fine-tune AF to match my lenses. >

I can only agree with you about the price. Lower is always better but you can't deny either that it's the right price for the technology it offers.

LCD: I've never used a articulated LCD and yes it's a shame that it's not fully articulated.

I'll be more than pleased to switch the tiny and unprecise OVF for a bigger and useful EVF but it's matter of taste.

The built in flash of the E510 was not good (once you mount the 14-54mm you can see the shadow of the lens.... whta the heck?!). I regret they didn't choose to make a buikt in but as I'm not a flash user (maybe 5% of my pictures were taken with the flash). Plus it's weather sealed flash so it's not that bad for me.
New IBIS seems perfectly fine and probably more effective than the former one.

PDAF: I have to laugh at this, the PDAF was, to say the least, lymphatic. And don't get me started with the CAf.... I'm pretty sure the OM-D will overclass my 510 by far at any AF level.

Fine tuning is useless on m4/3, it's immuned to back/front focus which my 510 wasn't (far from it!!!)

By the way, the 620 didn't fell well in my hands so I'm waiting eagerly to test the OM-D. It could be a deal breaker. Maybe with the additional lateral grip?

-- hide signature --

L'expérience est une lampe accrochée dans le dos, elle n'éclaire que le chemin parcouru. Lao Tseu

http://yinetyang.deviantart.com/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Jim.New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow