5DII to M9 In need of urgent help with lenses

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pierre from Sweden
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Re: 5DII to M9 In need of urgent help with lenses
In reply to disambiguated, Apr 9, 2012

disambiguated,

Thanks for your warning on the imminent M10 and good advice.

I have a X100 that I have enjoyed for over a year and my expensive Canon DSLR was left collecting dust. Now It is all sold off and I only have the Fuji X100. Love this little camera! I was the only camera I took for last years vacation to Disneyland, Florida and Washington DC.Took som 5000 pics in 4-5 weeks 90% fully manually. The only thing I miss is real manual focus and the AF is not very fast and hunts but only when the light gets and contrast is low. I also sometimes miss a tele for nature or people and a wider lens for architecture but for 80% of the time the 35mm is all I really need.

The X-Pro 1 as lovely as it seems to be, it is not an option for me, not FF, not fast very AF and no real manual focus solution. I really love the hybrid viewfinder though! Same as in my X100

The X100 is very good but its not FF and it can not mount Leica lenses.
Leica M9 has no competition for these two reasons.

Yes I know a M10 may be here very soon but I doubt i can have one delivered to this year or has Leica done it right this time (like Apple always do) having manufactured at least 10.000 M10s before the 2012May10 so that they can deliver it to us before this summer and not next year?

M9 and M9-P are in stock in great abundance everywhere and have been so for a long time now. So I am getting only the 3 or 4 lenses first, and I will wait to get the M9 or M9-P until after the May10 to se what happens.

Happy Easter
Pierre

Pierre from Sweden's gear list:Pierre from Sweden's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 6D Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow