Not really happy with my E-pm1

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,596Gear list
Like?
Suggestion
In reply to Motormuis, Apr 9, 2012

I have the P7100 and I can vouch that it produces excellent photo IQ, very sharp. The review here at DPR does not do justice to it.

BUT my suggestion (I have been looking at and reading about Olys) is to sell the E-PM1, keep the Nikon P7100, and buy the excellent Oly xz-1. Then you will truly have all you need. The Oly has an excellent f/1.8-f/2.5 lens, is very full featured as is the P7100, and has the excellent dramatic tone filter (which you also have in your current camera) which I have seen produce some dramatic photos when you want that effect. The Nikon gives you a longer zoom, to 200 mm. Both have ND filters built in. Both do good macro. The Nikon will have more outside dials to play around with. The Oly will be a smaller camera for those times you travel lighter. The Oly will be better indoors with its brighter lens than the P7100, though I have been pleased with what the 7100 can do indoors, but I expect the Oly to better it.

I have DSLRs, but I own the Canon G12, the Nikon P7100, and hope to soon own the Oly xz-1. There is something about this class of enthusiast cameras with their 10 MP sensors that produces great results and more bang for the buck. I am sick of buying lenses for DSLRs and still not having all the ranges covered.

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow