Tamron 18-200 E-mount or Tamron 17-50 A-mount + LA-EA2 ?

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
NeutrinoFermion
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Re: Lens advice: Tamron 18-200 E-mount vs Tamron 17-50 A-mount + LA-EA2
In reply to El Matadurr, Apr 9, 2012

El Matadurr wrote:

GaryW wrote:

I guess I had the same confusion.

Anyway, I have the Tamron 17-50/2.8, and it's so big and heavy, I just have no desire to mount it to my Nex. I have the early adapter, so I could use it, with manual focus only. With the new adapter and PDAF, it would probably be fast to focus. I liked the lens a lot on my DSLR -- it was my go-to lens a lot of the time.
--
Gary W.

Yeah people are reporting the same with the SAL1650 via LAEA2, it doesn't balance well on the 5n. The 7's a little better (according to others, I don't have it).

This leads me to believe that the G standard zoom will have to be either a 16-50 f/4, or a shorter focal range (24-35?) f/2.8. There's no way that Sony can make a 16-50 f/2.8 even relatively compact for the e-mount. And then you throw in stabilization, and everything gets crazy.

Strange when I saw the 17-50 in the store it did not seem that big (seemed to be similar in size with the 18-200) however i did not see it on a nex so my perspective might be off. Or it could be the added bulk of the adapter.

The sony 16-50 while being a great lens (rumor goes that it was supposed get G label before marketing stepped in) it seems a lot more massive than the 17-50 - it is also more expensive of course.

It's also quite frustrating that we don't have any info on that emount G zoom. Wonder if Sony will sacrifice aperture, zoom range or stabilization for size or just go for it and throw everything at it size be darned. Price will matter too, if it passes 1k like the 24 1.8 it will be a lot less attractive to budget minded people like me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow