Which two Zeiss lenses are your personal favorites?

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,602
Like?
Re: Which two Zeiss lenses are your personal favorites?
In reply to Pierre from Sweden, Apr 9, 2012

I am a dual system Canon and Nikon shooter shooting with a set of ZE and ZF mount Zeiss besides all kinds of Canon and Nikon lenses.

For the Zeiss specifically, my personal favorites are (in that order): 21, 100, 50 F2, 35 F2, 35 F1.4, 28, however, not every Zeiss is created equally, some of the Zeiss I found "under performed" in my personal opinion (by Zeiss standard), and I can easily find a better Canon and Nikon counterpart, with that being said, my least favorites are Zeiss 18, 25 F2.8 ZF, 50 F1.4, also in that order, I found my TSE 17 perform much much better than the Zeiss 18 even I don't count the Tilt/Shift capability, both 24L II and 24G works much better than the 25 F2.8 in my opinion even I don't count the extra stop of F1.4 and 2.0 , the Zeiss 50 F1.4 gives the worst Bokeh (most "nervous" for the lack of better term in my poor English) compare to the Canon 50 F1.2L, 50G F1.4, even my $500 Sigma 50 HSM F1.4 give me smoother Bokeh when shooting wide open.

With the new Zeiss 15mm coming out, I haven't have the chance to own that one yet but based on the sample I saw and the manufacture MTF chart, it can easily get to the top 3 of my "most favorable".

If I can only keep one Zeiss, it will be tough, it will most likely be the Zeiss 21, I am a landscape shooter, Zeiss 21 offers such great quality and the FL also fit my style very well, and I like it even better than my 14-24G, which most people will agree is a great lens already. actually, no, I can't really decide which single one I am going to keep, I will have to keep at least 4 or 5

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow