ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gidferrer
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
OM-D User Sample Images & Impression
Apr 9, 2012

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to post some sample images which I took using the E-M5 a couple of days ago. Let me point out here that I am not creating a debate or somesort but am just sharing my experience with the camera.

First of all, I came from a Nikon system way back 2007. I sold all my Nikon gears 2 months ago and was ready to quit photography forever. I was getting lazy to carry all the heavy gears around. That was my reason or alibi. But came out this little tool. Admittedly, I got excited. It was a totally new system for me and based on the technical sheet, the E-M5 seems impressive. I ordered one like a crazy boy and got it a last week.

I basically shoot landscapes, nightscapes, and some macro (reverse set-up). Anyways, Im stopping the chit chat now and go about the images now.

My impressions? Yes it is a very good camera. Cant imagine that it can produce these kinds of images based on its sensor alone. Shooting with the reverse set-up with IBIS was a breeze. Took me half the time getting the right focus compared to when I was using my Nikons.

I need to shoot more landscape and nightscapes this week. Both these images were taken at 430pm using a ND400 and CPL. I had to trun on the long exposure NR because hot pixels were present, just like my D7000. Remember that I am using the 12-50 kit lens here. I am hopeful that when I get my hands on a 12mm f2, things would be different.

Hope these images help those who are deciding to get one.

Set-up:

Macro - E-M5 / Reverse Ring / Nikkor 18-55 Kit lens / E-M5 flash

Scapes - E-M5 / MZuiko 12-50 kit lens / Hoya CPL and ND400

Infrared - E-M5 / Mzuiko 12-50 kit lens / Hoya R72

Note: The kit lens has significant hotspot in the center of the image. Using f7-f14 for my test, I found no substancial result in minimizing the hotspot in camera. I had to remove it in post processing.

Cheers!
Gidferrer

Nikon D7000 Ricoh Caplio R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow