X10 in Arequipa, Peru

Started Apr 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zarniwoop1985
Regular MemberPosts: 171Gear list
Like?
Re: X10 in Arequipa, Peru
In reply to Tom Schum, Apr 8, 2012

Tom,

There is an element of this posing that goes on that saddens me. The fact that their economic hardship or nature of the economy (call it what you will) forces them to resort to, what to me at least, appears like zoo animals posing. I don't mean this in any negative way towards the tourists - I mean it as negative in terms of the state of the world. These children should really be in school, or at home, getting an education. Not on the streets with their mothers 16 hours a day - posing for tourist photographs.

It's wrong. But they have no choice, and we as tourists feel like helping them, and giving them a little money. But it lacks dignity for them I think and it made me, feel uncomfortable too.

But in a world where there is inequality - this is what you will get. Have's and Have nots. My pics, I feel, on some level, are really all about this dichotomy.

Chao!

Zarniwoop1985's gear list:Zarniwoop1985's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow