ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hqphoto
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Pentax will price themselves out of the market
Apr 8, 2012

What is going on with Pentax?

Being a former Pentax user, I have a soft spot for the company. I loved the K100D and the K200D. I always felt that these were some of the better cameras to use for most things, but ended up having to switch for reasons not stated here.

But the prices of there lenses now are a bit outlandish. I used to think that if they got certain things right and with their affordable lenses, they would be a perfect system: K5, 16-50, 60-250, and a few of the well regarded primes would make a good kit.

With the current prices though, Pentax seem to be pricing themselves out of the market in the APS-C segment. Their lens prices now seem to be ridiculous. The 60-250 now at US$2000 is overpriced. The lens I used to brag about is now more expensive than a canon 70 - 200 f4 L series stabilized lens. WOW!!

What a blow this is to a great little company. If it were the perfect system in every aspect, then you can pay a premium for it. Unfortunately it is not. and the price premium will send prospective buyers running away or looking for 3rd party lenses to fit their needs if they really want the body.

Sorry Pentax. I love you, but feel you have signed a death warrant with your new lens prices.

hqphoto's gear list:hqphoto's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +7 more
Pentax K100D Pentax K200D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow