ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roadiez
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Canon S100 vs Fuji F31fd
Apr 8, 2012

Hi all,

Since my Fuji F31fd is getting old, and I'm interested to get a compact with both a 24mm lens and a GPS function. After much research, I've decided to go for the Canon S100.

I have done an "end-user" comparison because it's not scientific. I didn't do any matching of resolutions, ISO, focal length, etc. I'm just shooting with Aperture Priority mode, like most user usually do, and didn't do any EV compensation nor sharpening. I just let the camera do its thinking, so the photos would come out as a normal user would see.

The test shows that the Fuji F31fd has a sharper lens and retained more resolution. Also, the focus speed, in-between time are also faster on the Fuji. I'm a little disappointed because a $450 flag-ship compact camera from Canon can't match a 6-year-old $250 fuji camera. Yes, the color and the WB may be more accurate in the canon, the low light performance is also better, but low light is only a minor portion of the photos I'll use it for. For this, I've returned the camera the next day, and stick with my Fuji F31fd for now.

Fujifilm FinePix F31fd
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow