Nik vs. Lightroom display colors differenty!!??

Started Apr 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Comapedrosa
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
Nik vs. Lightroom display colors differenty!!??
Apr 8, 2012

I've done quite a bit of online searching, but couldn't find the answer to this riddle - and i suspect that i'm not the only one with this problem. I would really appreciate the help from someone with more experience than i.

Here's the issue: the colors Nik Software (i mostly spent time with Viveza 2) displays on screen are different from the ones Lightroom displays on the same screen .

The curious thing is that if i save the Nik Viveza 2 picture as a TIFF and look at it back in Lightroom, it displays back in the same way as the original again! Same thing if i export both images.

This is to say that the problem seems to be with how Nik (Viveza 2) displays the image on screen, not the information in the file itself. Lightroom and Nik simply display the info differently on screen!!

This becomes a usability issue for Nik for me, since it doesn't seem to be WYSIWYG anymore.
This happens in both Lightroom 3 and 4.
The phenomenon occurs whether i create a TIFF in ProPhotoRGB or sRGB.

Here's a screenshot that shows exactly what i see on screen, with the Lightroom 4 and the Nik Viveza 2 windows open one next to the other. If you pay attention to the goggles, Nik displays a more saturated pink - while it is the same TIFF file they display.

Thank you so much for any help!!
CP
--
http://www.35f2.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow