Processed Sigma 120-300 f2.8 OS pictures

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Christoph v Ballmoos
Regular MemberPosts: 250Gear list
Like?
Re: White on white
In reply to drbird, Apr 8, 2012

drbird wrote:

I am surprised that breathing is even more severe than with the 70-300L.

The difference is minimal, but it is there..

It looks I have to go with a second 2,8/300. It looks it also performs quite a bit better when used with converters.

Yes, it seems that the Canon is still sharper. But then on the other hand, I am not really impressed by 2x Shots I have seen from the Canon lens, either. I think, 1.4x works really good. If you use 2x, you should be able to fill the frame in order to get an excellent shot. I doubt that the 2x converter is useful to "just get" the shot (like the ones I show). I know that they are subaverage, but I doubt that the Canon would do much better.

If only the new one would be a little bit cheaper :-).

So, it is what it is. Optically, nothing is better than Canon. But Sigma did a nice one here, with a Zoom, a great IS and at half of the price.

That was my idea, and there is no way that I could justify > 6000 $ for a lens like this...
Cheers,
Christoph

Btw: all my shots here look a tad less sharp/crisp than the ones I uploaded (and checked on my computer)... Strange...

Christoph v Ballmoos's gear list:Christoph v Ballmoos's gear list
Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow