Flat view
hgedia
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
D7000 Lens combo & other advice
Apr 8, 2012

Hi All,

I have a D7000 + 50mm 1.8G.

I recently have been asked to do a training videos for a football club. Additionally I'll be with the team and taking photos of the games etc. These will be in a controlled environment and well lit.

So I need to up my arsenal to tackle this assignment.

1) Can you actually do proper video shooting with a D7000 , which involves a lot of action. I ask this because I am already aware of a few inherent issues such as rolling shutter. I mainly plan to have the camera either on a tripod or move slightly on the field. If it's a bad idea , I need to working something else out.

2) Lens combo: There are way too many options to choose from , so I can't seem to make up my mind. I am looking at a budget of around £ 300-350. So a 70-300 VR is out of reach (even used). I was planning on the below

• 18-55 VR EDII

• 55-300 (or 200) VR

Has anyone found success with a 55-300/200 for sports ? Since the review I looked up say they are not the fastest of the lens to AF.

Secondly I plan to combine the 18-55 with some form of a wide angle converter to get a few extra mm of of it. I am guessing this will need to take a 52mm converter ? Please correct me if I am wrong. Also I could use some suggestions for the same. I am currently looking at : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-52Mm-Wide-Angle-~Including-Nikon/dp/B002VSM7LE/ref=pd_cp_ce_0

Thanks!
H

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow