Love my A77... but the lens selection is weak

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
dresner
Regular MemberPosts: 271Gear list
Like?
Re: Love my A77... but the lens selection is weak
In reply to JimmyMelbourne, Apr 8, 2012

Well, I still don't see another body I would rather have, but I sure would love to have the selection and support that Nikon and Canon have. Here in Bangkok we have a few big photo malls where you can buy just about anything you want for your camera unless you have a Sony. Last I looked, the Sony Alpha center was boarded up. Pretty pathetic. There are literally dozens of shops from floor to floor and all they carry is Canikon. You show them a Sony and they just get confused. I let one of the guys in the shop play with mine and he was in love within minutes. All sony needs to do is try a little bit to get people to check out their cameras.

In the end.. i'm going to continue to give my Sony a shot, but I'm very hesitant to buy to many more lenses as I feel like I'm going to switch to Nikon or Canon down the road just for the general level of support that I can find around. Even the PP programs have limited Sony support. Guess I'm going to keep my eye on the next 7D and D7000. The A77 is a stunning camera and I just hope that Sony comes out with some great lens updates in the next year or so. And pushes companies like Adobe to bake in support of all kinds like they do for Canikon. Sony should do it not just for themselves, but for their customers.

dresner's gear list:dresner's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow