This is why I have no respect for Ken Rockwell

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,680Gear list
Like?
Re: This is why I have no respect for Ken Rockwell
In reply to Boris, Apr 8, 2012

Ken seem to be right about as often as Steve Huff is, and so are a lot of other reviewers. When it comes to Nikon lenses, I trust him, but not quite so much when it comes to other gear.

Many reviewers seem too over-enthusiastic about the latest stuff, as I guess they earn their money by recommending stuff. Of course, none of us knows all (I am myself very out of sync with times when it comes to Canon, Hasselblad, and Leica, as it was around 45 years since I could play with these in earnest - Canon Pellix, anyone?! Or Hasselblad SWC? My latest brush with a leica was with a M3, ages ago).

The V1 is restricted by its resolution, but unless you need very big prints, you'll never notice it!

Excellent for macro, excellent for super-long telelenses, and very good for extremely fast exposures, single shots, or in series!

It is not my first choice for landscape photography (I'd prefer a Leica, a Hasselblad SWC, a Pentax SFX, or a Pentax 645D!), but in many situations it continue to surprise me!
--
tord (at) mindless (dot) com

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Pentax K-x Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow