K-5 factory imager dust. :-(

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
jamesm007
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,393Gear list
Like?
Re: I tried a DRY CLEAN - Still there!!!
In reply to DAVID MANZE, Apr 8, 2012

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Hi again SRT201,

When you have bought a wet cleaning kit you can go out taking pictures instead of fretting over posts about dust on the sensor, it makes no sense that just because you K5 is brand new you mustn't wet clean it! the dust is unaware of the age of the camera!! Incidentally, the camera shop where I bought the kit uses it for their professional cleaning service,when I asked the guy, is dry cleaning not less risky? he said, "we provide a service for normal customers as well as professionals which has to work 100% of the time, using this kit,it is quick and we have had no come backs" They charge 40 euros to pro. clean a sensor,the kit costs 40 euros which has 4 paddles so theoretically you get 4 cleans, but as I said I'm still using the first. I've got my feet up how about you?

I think you said that there is a lot of pollen where you live! nature designed pollen to stick to everything! sticks great to sensors.
--
Dave's clichés

+1

I would like to add...

Almost five years ago to the day one of my first posts here was for a dust problem. My camera had a three year extended warranty here in the USA. Have a read.

Spoke to soon on the blower got some dust in the view finder and this time could not get it out, removed the focus screen and still cant get it out. Its not on the focus screen, where is this dust? After this no Rocket blower for me, something has to be better.

I am going nuts over this constant dust and feel like selling it, because it gets dust all the time in the OVF and I cant get it out.

Lots of forum members came to my aid and I have not had problems since. Time goes by fast. Its been more like five years not three years that I don't have anymore dust problems. I got off the chair and fought it, and won!

Please do read this whole thread because it contains your answer that we keep giving you.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=27287329

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow