What is it about the Nikon 1 postrs, are they nicer and more tolerant?

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
capanikon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,690
Like?
Re: What is it about the Nikon 1 postrs, are they nicer and more tolerant?
In reply to Wayne N., Apr 8, 2012

I think the Nikon 1 system is great; Personally I wish they had put a DSLR-type command dial along with the PASM modes. Instead what they did is put the four-mode icon dial on the camera.

What this tells me is Nikon wanted this camera system to appeal to a broader, less-technical market (not that the N1 can't be operated 'technically,' -- obviously it can).

I am optimistic Nikon will come out with more N1 bodies that have PASM and all that jazz.

I've seen a lot of wildlife and bird photos peeps are taking with these cameras, esp. with the FT-1 ... it's first-rate stuff for certain.

IQ is very good.

But just look at the camera: The X-Pro1 is clearly designed for folks who love manual control, while on the more "friendly" V1 you see not one single manual control -- it's all hidden. This makes the V1 more appealing to ... well, for lack of a better word ... noobs! And I know lots of pros are using the N1 stuff so please don't take what I'm writing the wrong way.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow